Shwe was born in the largest city of Myanmar, Yangon, the commercial capital. Shwe and her husband love to explore new places and regularly travel between Myanmar and other countries.
Shwe’s specialities are in digital art and mixed media while at the same time work with oil paintings and dolls. You will see the little girls in her artworks as main characters. Those girls also make her artworks unique with different themes. They are doll-like and inspired from the dolls played by Shwe throughout her childhood. Images of Shwe herself could also be found in her artworks. Not only does she like creating digital artworks with Photoshop, but also loves playing with mixed media in a messy style on canvas because of the freedom she could enjoy from doing both. Although Shwe craves for freedom, she also does oil painting when she wants to get into fine details. She said “So far I have been working on different mediums separately but what I love the most and hope to do in the future is to use all the mediums I like together”.
In the past, most of the artworks have an underlying message Shwe wishes the audience to think or interpret upon but at present she wants the audience to ‘enjoy’ and get happiness after looking at her works.
Shwe doesn’t stop at creating art. She also runs art courses online. One could learn how to create artworks with relative ease and find free tips that are freely shared on the site. Shwe is keeping herself busy designing an art course where digital art and mixed media will be combined to create the beautiful artworks.
As an art lover, she spends most her of her time sharing her new found techniques through the online art network.
- 2012- Developed Tragimixed online art workshop
- 2012- Interviewed and featured on Saint Ether magazine
- 2012- Interviewed and featured on Wicked Peep magazine
- 2011- Developed Sweetened Simplicity online art workshop
- 2011- Interviewed and featured artworks on Willowing Mixed Media Community.
- 2010- Featured Artworks on Cool Pictures Gallery.us
- 2010- Featured Artworks on WickedHalo.com
- 2009- Featured interview on Fashion Magazine which is a leading monthly publication in Myanmar.
- 2009- Interview by MWD3 TV Channel in Myanmar: discussions on digital artworks and advanced techniques which could be applied on Burmese art
- 2009- Advanced Photoshop Magazine issue 52, Featured Artworks and Article, Leading Magazine in the UK on Adobe Photoshop’s tools and techniques
- 2009- Creative Photoshop Magazine #45, Featured Artworks and Tutorial, Leading Magazine in the UK on Adobe Photoshop’s tools and techniques
- 2009- Featured in a book titled “Three Generations of Myanmar Women Artists”
- 2008- Magazine Cover Art for Fashion Magazine, US
- 2007- Featured in a book titled “Three Generations of Myanmar Women Artists”
- 2007- Featured on Colourful Ladies Event on MRTV4 TV Channel
In my life, one can see that art plays a very vital role which is also full of meaning. I have always enjoyed the feeling of turning thoughts from pen to paper, paint brush to canvas and lately as graphics in my laptop.
The appearance of my work has been impacted by our cultures, music, human, environment and other sources that we interact on a day to day basis. Moreover, the artworks also convey narratives of each story behind each work sometimes featuring the artist (myself) within the artworks. That means the figures of my artworks become mirrored reflections of some of my feelings, experiences and messages from elsewhere.
- 2010- Blue Wind Group Show, National Museum, Pyay Road, Yangon
- 2010- Kant Kaw Group Show, Lanmadaw, Yangon
- 2009- Golden Arrow Group Show, Myanmar Traditional Artists and Artisan Organization’s Central Showroom, Yangon
- 2008- Wreck the Hallz, Group Art Show, Genuine Artikle Gallery, New York
- 2008- Bake Sale, Group Art Show, Genuine Artikle Gallery, New York
- 2008- Big Bad Scene Autumn Party Group Art Show, London, UK
- 2007- WINGS (Group Art Exhibition), Fifty Women Artists, Lokanat Art Gallery, Yangon, Myanmar
2007- The Colourful Ladies (Group Art Exhibition), Myanmar Traditional Artists and Artisan Organization’s Central Showroom, Yangon